· Identification, evaluation of proven and emerging technologies available globally and encouraging joint venture in building materials and construction sector.
· Promoting economy, efficiency and quality in construction.
· Up scaling of technologies, know-how acquisition, absorption and dissemination.
· Field level application of environment-friendly, energy-efficient and disaster resistant technologies for proven, locally available and emerging technologies.
· Formulation of Standards on proven building materials/technologies including emerging technologies/systems and incorporation in the schedule of specifications/rates.
· Documentation of benefits, durability and acceptability of cost effective and innovative building materials and technologies.
· Skill upgradation of professionals and construction workers through capacity building programmes, training programmes, seminars, conferences, workshops, exhibitions nationally as well as internationally.
· Promoting disaster resistant construction technologies.
· Appraisal, monitoring and third party inspection of housing projects including undertaking project management and consultancy services.