Citizen’s Charter of
Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council
This Charter is a commitment of the Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC) to fulfill the following Vision and Mission:
“BMTPC to be world class knowledge and demonstration hub for providing solutions to all with special focus on common man in the area of sustainable building materials, appropriate construction technologies & systems including disaster resistant construction.”
“To work towards a comprehensive and integrated approach for promotion and transfer of potential, cost-effective, environment-friendly, disaster resistant building materials and technologies including locally available materials from lab to land for sustainable development of housing.”
- Building Materials & Construction Technologies : To promote development, standardisation, mechanisation and large scale field application of proven innovative and emerging building materials and technologies in the construction sector.
- Capacity Building and Skill Development: To work as a Training Resource Centre for capacity building and promotion of good construction practices to professionals, construction agencies, artisans and marketing of building technologies from lab to land.
- Disaster Mitigation & Management : To promote methodologies and technologies for natural disaster mitigation, vulnerability & risk reduction and retrofitting/ reconstruction of buildings and disaster resistant planning for human settlements.
- Project Management & Consultancy: To undertake project management and consultancy services including appraisal, monitoring and third party inspection of housing projects under the various Central/State Schemes.
Services of BMTPC
The Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council offers its services under following thrust areas:
- Identification, evaluation of proven and emerging technologies available globally and encouraging joint venture in building materials and construction sector.
- Promoting economy, efficiency and quality in construction.
- Up scaling of technologies, know-how acquisition, absorption and dissemination.
- Field level application of environment-friendly, energy-efficient and disaster resistant technologies for proven, locally available and emerging technologies.
- Formulation of Standards on proven building materials/technologies including emerging technologies/systems and incorporation in the schedule of specifications/rates.
- Documentation of benefits, durability and acceptability of cost effective and innovative building materials and technologies.
- Skill upgradation of professionals and construction workers through capacity building programmes, training programmes, seminars, conferences, workshops, exhibitions nationally as well as internationally.
- Promoting disaster resistant construction technologies.
- Appraisal, monitoring and third party inspection of housing projects including undertaking project management and consultancy services.
Access to Information
The Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council disseminates information through:
- publications, brochures and display panels.
- Audio –video CD-ROMS
- participation in exhibitions, workshops, conferences and seminars
- organising various training programmes, entrepreneurship development programmes, seminars, workshops and exhibitions
- advertisement in newspapers
The following officer has been designated as Grievance Officer for the Council:
Shri A.K.Tiwari, Chief – PM&T & Admin, Tel: 24654695, Fax: 24642849.
- to extend all assistance and cooperation to the Council’s staff in carrying out their bonafide duties.
- to bring to the notice of senior officers of the Council genuine grievances not attended to at the lower levels.
- To feel free to write to the Council for any constructive suggestion for further improving this charter to:
Addresses for Communication
The Executive Director
Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council
Core 5A, 1st Floor, India Habitat Centre
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003
Phone: 91-11-2463 8096; Fax: 91-11-2464 2849
BMTPC Business Promotion Cell
Karnataka Slum Clearance Board Premises,
Opposite Krishna Flour Mill,
No. 55, Risaladar Street, Seshadripuram,
Bangalore - 560 020
Phone: (080) 2334 5300; Telefax: (080) 2344 8406